Ms Chhillar studied in St Thomas School in New Delhi.
- Ms Chhillar’s father, Dr Mitra Basu Chhillar, is a scientist at the Defence Research and Development Organisation.
- Her mother Dr Neelam Chhillar is an associate professor and department head of neurochemistry at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences.
- Miss Chhillar, who is the sixth Indian woman to win Miss World took a one-year break from studies to focus on representing India at the international pageant
- The 20 year old is pursuing a medical degree from Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonepat.
- She is a trained Kuchipudidancer, and has trained under legendary dancers Raja and Radha Reddy and Kaushalya Reddy.
- Chhillar has also attended the National School of Drama.
- She aims to a cardiac surgeon and has plans of opening non-profit hospitals in rural areas.
- Ms Chhillar has a passion for outdoor sports like scuba diving, snorkelling and bungee jumping.
- She considers Reita Faria – Miss World 1966 who was the first Indian and Asian to win the Miss World crown, as her role model.
- The gorgeous Manushi also won the ‘Head to Head’ challenge and the ‘Beauty With A Purpose’ segment.
- Her personal mottos, as mentioned on the Miss World website, are “When you cease to dream you cease to live” and “Courage to give flight to your dreams and the ability to believe in yourself makes life worth living”.
- After reaching the top five, Ms Chhillar was asked during the Question and Answer round, which profession she thought deserved the highest salary and why. In her reply, she said her mother was the biggest inspiration in her life and mothers were worthy of the highest respect.
- For her ‘Beauty with a Purpose’ project, she spread awareness about menstrual hygiene, visiting 20 villages and touching the lives of 5,000 women. She feels that with the backing of an organization like Miss World, it can reach a different level altogether.
- Her motto in life is “When you cease to dream you cease to live,” and she believes her education has given her the confidence to stand on stage and helped enhance her skills.
More from ENTERTAINMENT
Honey Trehan's home-grown murder mystery Raat Akeli Hai is one of the trending originals on Netflix. The Ganesh Gaitonde aka Nawazuddin …
In a Short Conversation with Sexy and Brave Heart Meera Mitun, she told about nepotism in Kollywood. Just like Sushant …