First lets understand what is Stress?
Stress is the body’s reaction to any change that requires an adjustment or response. The body reacts to these changes with physical, mental, and emotional responses
Why a person takes Stress
The situations and pressures that cause stress are known as stressors. We usually think of stressors as being negative, such as an exhausting work schedule or a rocky relationship. However, anything that puts high demands on you can be stressful.
How does Stress effect a person
|External Causes||Internal Causes|
|Major Life Changes||Pessimism|
|Work or School||Inability to accept uncertainty|
|Relationship Difficulties||Rigid Thinking, Lack of Flexibility|
|Financial Problems||Negative Talking|
|Being too Busy – No time for Self||Unrealistic Expectations / Perfectionism|
|Children and Family problems||All – or – Nothing Attitude|
How to recognize Stress
|On your Behavior||On your Mood||On your Body|
|Overeating Or Undereating||Anxiety & Restlessness||Headache or Muscle Tension|
|Angry Outbursts||Lack of Motivation or Focus||Fatigue|
|Alcohol or Drug Abuse||Feeling Overwhelmed||Change in Sex Drive|
|Use of Tobacco||Irritability or Anger||Loose motion / Constipation|
|Social Discrimination||Sadness or Depression||Insomnia|
Does Stress have some positive impact also
Stress is a burst of energy that basically advises you on what to do. In small doses, stress has many advantages. For instance, stress can help you meet daily challenges and motivates you to reach your goals. In fact, stress can help you accomplish tasks more efficiently. It can even boost memory. Stress is also a vital warning system, producing the fight-or-flight response. When the brain perceives some kind of stress, it starts flooding the body with chemicals like epinephrine, norepinephrine and cortisol. This creates a variety of reactions such as an increase in blood pressure and heart rate. Plus, the senses suddenly have a laser-like focus so you can avoid physically stressful situations — such as jumping away from a moving car — and be safe.
Can Alcohol/ Drugs cure Stress
Alcohol is a sedative and a depressant that affects the central nervous system. … But once you start drinking, you can build a tolerance to the de-stressing effects of alcohol.
Stress has a direct relation with the intake of Brain. There are drugs available in the market which controls the anxiety levels of Brain Toxins, but it has to be taken only under medical supervision. The Brain has to be calm for a person to be stress free and these drugs often take care of that
How can we live Stress free life
- Do One Thing at a Time : Focus on deliverables – Towards yourself and Towards Society
- Simplify your schedule : Simplify by reducing the number of commitments in your life to just the essential ones
- Get Moving : Do something each day – Yoga, Dancing, Hiking, Biking, Running, Playing ( Physical ), Music etc
- Develop One Healthy Habit each Month : Eat Fruits / Veggies / More intake of Water / Reduce Soda – Alcohol, Smoke etc
- Do something to Calm your nerves : Bathing, Nap, Reading, Music, Sex ( A good Destressor ), Meditation
- Simplify your Finances : Automate your Debt Payments, Billing Cycles, Savings, Rule Out Over expenditure
- Have a Blast : Play with Kids, Sex , Sports, Fun Games, Board Games , Dance, Jive, Write
- De Clutter : Organize your Work Desk, Rearrange your Room, Play Soft Music in your work area, Enjoy your work
Does someone do yoga to destress
Yoga always helps to Tone Up the Body. It synergizes the control between the mind and the body. It helps to detoxify, Take control of your Emotions and gives a Natural Glow on your face
Some say sex is destressing medicine! But people don’t get that feeling of sex during that period due to stress. Is it true
It is true in parts. Actually Sex does exactly what a Bloated Bladder does after it is released.. Feeling of Relaxation. Helps in improving Cortisol Levels by helping better Heart Rate, Good Blood Pressure, Maintaining static Libido, Deep Intense Breathing – good for Lungs, and it is a good physical workout as well.
What are stress management techniques
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Accept that there are events that you cannot control.
- Be assertive instead of aggressive. Assert your feelings, opinions, or beliefs instead of becoming angry, defensive, or passive.
- Learn and practice relaxation techniques; try meditation, yoga, for stress management
- Exercise regularly. Your body can fight stress better when it is fit.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Learn to manage your time more effectively.
- Set limits appropriately and learn to say no to requests that would create excessive stress in your life.
- Make time for hobbies, interests, and relaxation.
- Get enough rest and sleep. Your body needs time to recover from stressful events.
- Don’t rely on alcohol, drugs, or compulsive behaviors to reduce stress
Article is written by Mr Sunil Anand. He is India’s top trainer, imparting training like leadership, Behavior, Team Bonding, Stress and Conflict Management, Interview Skills etc.
More from ENTERTAINMENT
Honey Trehan's home-grown murder mystery Raat Akeli Hai is one of the trending originals on Netflix. The Ganesh Gaitonde aka Nawazuddin …
In a Short Conversation with Sexy and Brave Heart Meera Mitun, she told about nepotism in Kollywood. Just like Sushant …